[H-GEN] NFS exporting

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Mon Apr 12 23:38:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am currently installing Gentoo, this will be my 4th or 5th time I have
started it. I have always saved the /usr/portage directory.

What I want to do now is export that dir from my server via NFS and
allow root access to write to it.

I can get the NFS export working, I can get it to mount on the remote
machine, I can get root to see everything inside the NFS mount. I cannot
get it to write to the dir or any sub dir's.

I have added the "no_root_squash" to the NFS export, it also has "rw" as
an option but root still can't write to the dir's.

Has anyone got a NFS export that does allow write access for the root
user? Can you show me your export options on the server and the mount
options on the client?

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips