[H-GEN] using a USB thumbrive with Linux

Sandra Milne fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Mon Sep 29 07:08:04 EDT 2003

David wrote:

> beware - top posting...
>
> thanks for all of that. Very educational. I can't repartition it (not mine)
> just want to r/w it. I'll try this tomorrow night and see how it goes. If
> they weren't so blessed expensive I'd go buy one...

We bought out 16meg drive for $19. $59 will get you one with 128meg
capacity if you know where to buy it.[1] The prices go up a bit if you
want hi-speed USB (aka usb 2.0). I find that even for our external 30gig
drive, for most stuff usb 1.1 is fine.

Sandra.
[1] http://www.thediscshop.com.au/list.cgi?page=memory-USBMemory
fakungabubu at internode.on.net
http://www.livejournal.com/users/silne/
modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness.