[H-GEN] using a USB thumbrive with Linux

David davido at bigpond.net.au
Mon Sep 29 06:28:01 EDT 2003

The drive was plugged in (and recognized by Windows in VMWare, but said it was
being used by the host, so I figured I was half way there) but wasn't sure
about the mounting procedure for something like this. As I mentioned, I'm a
bit new at this.  I had a look at the usb devices that were present as best I
could, but hesitated to mess about too much because it's not mine.

I've since discovered that it has a Windows program on it that you have to run
to put in a password and unlock it. I expect I can change the password to
nothing, not sure. I'll have it at home again tomorrow night so will try
again.

thanks
David

--

An apple a day keeps the greengrocer happy