[H-GEN] Man pages (number)

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Thu Sep 25 09:36:39 EDT 2003

On 2003-09-25, Robert Brockway wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Sarah Walters wrote:
>
> > > man -s 1 passwd
> > > man -s 5 passwd
> >
> > Oops ... one day I will remember that *everything* is customised around
>
> Yeah, I got that one wrong too :)  6 months not playing with Solaris and
> my brain rots ;)

One might argue that those 6 months were doing your brain some
good :-)  But this is also one of the reasons why RTFM is often
the best answer, as it means the person will both learn to use
the tool that is provided to answer this kind of question and
that she will end up with the right answer for her system ...

Cheers, Greg

--
Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> <http://www.gbch.net/gjb.html>
GPG signed mail preferred; further information in headers.