[H-GEN] Free X Terminals available

Tony Bilbrough mtbilbro at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 16 07:54:27 EDT 2003

G'day All,
well it seems that more than a few of us might be married to the same woman!
And have the same 75 db rated office, to boot.

I thought it easier to reply to all in the one mail, as it is late and I
have no idea 'who was first'!!!!!

OK here is the go.
The fridge is in the front half of garden, against the wall of the house
[not the garden wall].
It is between the water softner [you are welcome to take that too, it
was a silly project, anyway, hey Byron?] and the air conditioner [best
leave that one alone - It was Swambo's idea, though I dont think she has
fired it up more than once]. Anyway It is still connected to the house

I think there are still a few monitors there as well.
And a few dumb terms - which seem to be a lot harder to give away than
those kittens.

I live at 828 Oxley Rd, Corinda

First across the line gets etc......

There is a second fence across the garden. Best not pass thru that one.

Ah, My Golden Itallian Queen bee? Yes The nectar is running about now,
so they will be an bit energetic, I guess
cheers Tony

Greg Black wrote:
  > On 2003-09-15, Tony Bilbrough wrote:
>>I dunno how Black worded his adv, but I have not even had ONE reply
>>for my give away display fridge.
>

> I suggested the fridge to my wife and she said: "I thought you
> were getting rid of stuff" -- I took this as less than a ringing
> endorsement of the idea.
>

>>Perhaps I should just leave it on the footpath, along with a few
>>monitors, and the 3 kittens I was force to take, in order to get rid of
>>1 tonne of thermal fax paper?
>

> I did that shortly before leaving Melbourne -- stuck a couple of
> tons of stuff on the footpath, some of which went while I was
> still dragging things outside.  And it all went before I got
> around to putting up my nice sign inviting people to take stuff.

>>PS does any one else - apart from me - subscribe to Blipverts?
>

> Nah, I'm on too many Humbug lists already and can't see the
> point of joining yet another.  (This message should have gone to
> chat, but I think Tony is a holdout and doesn't read it, which
> is why I've replied here.)
>
> And while I'm at it, I might add that my wife attempted an entry
> into my office to retrieve something from the laser printer this
> afternoon and took the opportunity to point out that, despite
> the alleged removal of five terminals recently, it was more than
> usually difficult to find bare bits of floor to step on.  "Don't
> you hate it in here?" she said.  I had to get her to repeat it,
> because I couldn't hear her over the noise of the 7 computers
> that I don't seem to be able to live without.
>
> Cheers, Greg

Sorry Tony, I haven't gotten around to re-subscribing to blipvert yet. I
knew there was something I forgot to do with my new email address.

Anyway, what's the stuff you're ditching? I might know somebody to take
it off your hands.
Sandra.

Alas, Tony, while I'd like to take your fridge I too have been over
ruled by a higher power. (Who you'll be happy to know remembers
you as the guy who hid the beehives.)
Cheers, Raymond

Hi Tony,
I must have missed that post...  If someone hasn't taken it already,
can you fill me in with the details?
Alex

Fine, I'll take it, if nobody else has volunteered
That is, if it wasn't too big, was it?
And I'll have to figure out how to get it (I now (well, from tomorrow
really) live in Toowong, but will have to borrow a friend's car or
something).

I had figured it would already be gone by the time I got your first
email...

cheers-- Steven Lawrance

I'm on blipvert, but figured it would be gone by the time I saw your
(several hours old) message.

I'll take it with thanks if you still have it.

--cjb
--
/var/log
tail -f