[H-GEN] Anyone running quicken/wine/debian/linux? :)

Sarah Walters sarah at uow.edu.au
Thu Sep 11 02:03:25 EDT 2003

On 11 Sep 2003 Sandra Milne <fakungabubu at internode.on.net> wrote:
> >If I have to shell out the money for cxoffice I will, but with all the
> >good reports about quicken I really expected to be able to at least look
> >at some of the data in my files. Is there some major problem that only
> >affects my setup? :)
>
> You could try it with a CVS of Transgaming's WineX. I've heard good
> reports about this, and apparently the cvs is free. WineX is
> subscription based payment for the full version. I've been pondering
> trying a cvs of theirs for a while now I just never seem to get the time.
>
> Sandra.

WineX is targeting games, where cxoffice is targeting office apps. WineX
is available for free, since it's using the wine code it's mostly GPLed
I believe. What you pay for is the license for the copy protection
software, which costs Transgaming money. I looked into this when I was
trying to get diablo II to run under linux and the copy protection was
tripping me up. Still, might be worth a try.

--
Mrs Sarah Walters
Systems Group