[H-GEN] Bind from behind a firewall

Sandra Milne fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 10 18:37:38 EDT 2003

Rick Phillips wrote:

> The firewall is definitely open to port 53.

Have you tested the forwarding rule? I assume you're not running the DNS
on the firewall but on a machine with a private IP behind the firewall.
Perhaps use the same rule on a port for a service that is easier to test
such as a webserver or ssh/telnet.

Might not be helpful but that's what I'd do.

Sandra.
fakungabubu at internode.on.net
**add witty remark/quote here**