[H-GEN] The perennial book thread

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at panix.com
Fri Oct 31 00:03:18 EST 2003

"Raymond Smith" <raymond at humbug.org.au> writes:

> Jason Parker-Burlingham said:
>> Does anyone know of a good source of C coding examples to draw on?  It
>> doesn't necessarily have to be a guide or book built to learn from; a
>> decent collection of medium-sized programs that are written how good
>> programmers write will do the trick.
>
> What -- GLIBC isn't good enough for you? :-P

It's occurred to me that I could simply download the source to a large
project; glibc seems a bit too complex, but on the other hand
tracking, say, OpenBSD commits could do the trick, too.

> I'm not sure, but a good source of reviews of books is the
> Association of C and C++ Users' book reviews:
> http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/public/index.htm

Bookmarked for later viewing.

> Other than that, you really can't go past trying different approaches
> and getting them reviewed by a good Mentor.

If only someone would pay me to be mentored!

jason, oh, and this should be on chat, but:
       http://panix.com/~jasonp?AuroraBorealis