[H-GEN] Kernel source

Rick Phillips rickp at suntech.net.au
Sun Oct 26 06:48:39 EST 2003

> I have a NVidia cideuo card and it gets 5-6 frames a second with the
> supplied GPL driver. I downloaded and tried to install the propriety
> ones from NVidia.
>
> They have got drivers to match my kernel so they suggest installing
> kernel-source and compiling the drivers. I looked on the Mandrake 9.2
> CD's but the kernel source package isn't there.
>
> Are they allowed to do that? Shouldn't the kernel source be
> on the CD's?

Harry,

The sources including the 2.6 pre-kernel are only on the powerpack version.
9.2 has not shipped yet (sometime this week I believe).  You have to be a
paying customer to get the extra "fruit" before everyone else :>).  All the
extra NVidia stuff including the NVidia kernels (for smp, enterprise, P3,
secure) are in the PowerPack edition.

Regards,

Rick Phillips