[H-GEN] replacement for RedHat9/KDE

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Sun Oct 26 01:43:32 EST 2003

Mick wrote:

> As RedHat is no longer supporting the non-paying community I am looking for an
> alternative distro and would like some suggestions about the strengths/
> weaknesses of the choices as they relate to my current configuration and
> collection of about ten cd's of rpm'ed packages.

I just installed mandrake 9.2 last night, it's sweeet... I didn't use
Linux as a desktop until Mandrake 9.1, 9.2 is even better.

As for support from RH, what are you after? The updates? I don't even
use the built-in update manager in Mandrake.

I use a package called autoupdate. I fmirror the Mandrake updates dir
from mirror.aarnet.edu.au and then use autoupdate to get the packages
from itself.

You could setup RH+autoupdate to get it's updates from aarnet as well.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips