[H-GEN] Linux ERP software

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at humbug.org.au
Tue Oct 21 09:59:15 EDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Robert Brockway wrote:

> I've looked for something good in this arena for a while.  I like
> RT(1|2)[1] for job tracking but they lack the ability to invoice directly.
> RT3 might have more capabilities but I haven't played with it.  I was
> considering using sql queries to suck info from the database and generate
> invoices that way.

I did think about Request Tracker, but I want more the invoiceing side
of things. I considered rolling my own but then considered my history
of re-inventing the wheel and decided to breeak the mould :)

I also thought about the fact that within a year or so I might want
extended features out of this, and well ...

> Could you tell us what you have on your short list?

I have only considered opensource solutions to this point, but if I find
a decently priced closed package that will do wha I want I might
consider it.
the list to this point consists of:
	phpaga - http://phpaga.sourceforge.net
	gcdb - http://gcdb.sourceforge.net
	oxerp - http://sourceforge.net/projects/oxerp
	kontor - http://www.linux-kontor.org
	Value - http://www.emryn.com/value.html

Most of them need adjustment to do exactly what i want, to that end
phpaga is the closest to what I need and i will probably go with that
(altering the pdf invoice output significantly in the proccess).

Nikolai