[H-GEN] Re: off topic - off air

Tony Bilbrough mtbilbro at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 19 06:30:17 EDT 2003

G'day Dave,
what do I say !!!!
You should have kept walking - right into my home!
But
I turned the whole shebang off air, as I have just bought a 16 slot off
Mark Allen, and I was getting all ready to climb up and do battle with
the mast!
Then we had guests - and you know what happens then.

Damm Damm etc.....
I was ordered out of the shed, to be civil etc etc.............
and  so the task was not completed
sigh  .......
Well, I will say this.
This coming Thursday, come hell or high water  - The 16 slot 12 db will
be up, facing down the valley, to include an area from Corinda HS
towards Annerly and out to Salisbury/Archerfield.

I will be *x@# if you don't get a signal then! You are no more than 800
m away!

A computer will be attached, and will not be turned off
Under any circumstances.

It would be fun to see how many others can then read a signal off my node.

If there is anyone out there that can read the signal, I have bought one
of those hardware router firwall boxes - so we could start a small network.
I also now have a spare 8 slot omni [made from a bit of guttering] and a
ss tube that will make several nice cantennas, for those who want to get
out, and stick a toe in the murky waters.

cheers
Tony B
node 1348

--