[H-GEN] IPTABLES and port forwarding

Conor Cunningham cunningtek at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 7 07:37:31 EDT 2003

Evening all,

I have just reinstalled Smoothwall 2.0 beta 6. The only modifications I
have made to it, apart from patching it, is to port forward port 4000 on
the smoothie, to port 21 on a WinXP box.

I have also added the following IPTABLES commands to pass it through the
firewall.

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.11 --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.11 --dport 21 -j ACCEPT

However, I still get a connection refused when I try and connect to the
smoothie's internal or external addresses on port 4000.

Have I done something wrong or is there something else that I need to add?
Any help would be great.

--
Regards,

Conor Cunningham

Managing Director
Cunningtek Technologies
ABN: 92 097 126 695

cunningtek at optushome.net.au
0411 545 998

DIGITAL FINGERPRINT
4E60 84BD 62A6 5527 F2A7  3F34 1B24 AB4A 25D6 E03B