[H-GEN] Re: [H-ANNOUNCE] Member Survey: Credit Card Payments

Stephen Brine sbrine at powerup.com.au
Fri Oct 3 01:52:44 EDT 2003

Yes I do have a CC

I do use it on the net.
Humbug membership I probably wouldn't use it over the net as membership
utilisation pertains to actually going to the meetings which is where all
the past memberships have taken place.

Humbug Merch. Maybe, but then would they get shipped out or would we just
pick them up from the meeting.

I suppose if doing it via the net makes it easier (as far as the instant
transactions go rather than the manual roller machines) then quite likely
yes. Also it could be done at the meetings anyway.

I suppose the website that does the authentication could issue a receipt
and email the receipt number to whoever is looking after the 'internet
purchases' then the user prints out the receipt and brings that if they
need to pick up real items.

So after typing this I think that it could quite likely be a good idea.

That's all for the moment. I may think of something else to say later, on
the issue.

         Steve B

At 15:24 3/10/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>[ Humbug *Announce* list.  This list is moderated, please send useful  ]
>[ replies to the originator of this message, or the general/chat lists ]
>
>Dear HUMBUGers,
>
>We have been looking into alternate payment methods to cash
>for membership, t-shirts, CDs, and other items the club may
>have available from time to time.
>
>We would like to know from each of you:
>- do you have a credit card?
>- would you use your credit card over the Internet to
>   pay for HUMBUG membership?
>- would you use your credit card over the Internet to
>   pay for other items that HUMBUG might make available
>   from time to time?
>
>Replies to exec at humbug.org.au, discussion to general at lists.humbug.org.au
>
>Cheers,
>
>Raymond Smith
>Secretary of HUMBUG 2002/2003              mailto:secretary at humbug.org.au
>Home Unix Machine - Brisbane User Group    http://www.humbug.org.au/
>
>-
>* This moderated list (announce) is handled by majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au.
>* Subscribe/unsubscribe requests should be sent to there in the message body.

Jesus loves the HELL out of us.

Stephen Brine

E-Mail: sbrine at powerup.com.au