[H-GEN] Anyone have the SuSE 8.2 CDs for me?

Sandra Milne fakungabubu at internode.on.net
Fri Oct 3 05:51:20 EDT 2003

David Jericho wrote:

> I am presently on the 512/128 flatrate plan ($99.95/month) and love it.
> Their support is good, their accounts people are great, the network is
> fast and reliable. On the flatrate plan, my monthly usage varies between
> 1 and 15 gigabytes (yes, it varies that much), and it's seamless.

That's the plan I'm on. We're currently on 28,850 MB used in last 30
days. (Got the monthly usage meter? Very handy!) Average speed is
currently around 30-40kb/s. I'm the one who pulls most of the traffic,
and fiance has yet to complain about the speed of getting his email or
using IM/IRC :-)

Internode has an excellent helpdesk and they even support linux! Local
debian mirror was a big drawcard, as was the other linux/OSS mirrored
locally via ftp. We've been with them for around 6 weeks now and have
found the service flawless. Had minor troubles last week but that turned
out to be a local power outage and the routing was fixed within 30 minutes.

I moved away from Optus due to their restrictive plans. Had an Optus guy
come to the door on Wednesday and ask would we like to re-sign with
them. Fiance's answer "No. We have ADSL." Optus guy: "Is ADSL better
than Optus cable?" Fiance's answer: "Yes." Optus guy thanked him for his
time and left. The speed is a lot less than cable but you can do so much
more with it if you're patient.

Great pings to game servers, up to 55k/s download speed sustained,
average around 12k/s upstream.

I'm very happy as you can tell. We switched to a Telstra phone line on
the cheapest call plan available. We don't make many calls as we mainly
IM people online. (We mainly make calls for pizza ;-)) Had to apply for
ADSL twice as the first time we were told that the exchange was full.
Waited 3 weeks and tried again. No problem. (BTW our exchange is across
the road so we were somewhat unhappy at being knocked back the first time.)

Didn't disconnect our Optus until we had ADSL up and running as we
weren't sure we'd be able to get up and going easily. RP-PPPOE went off
without a hitch and the rest is history :-)

Sandra.
fakungabubu at internode.on.net
http://www.livejournal.com/users/silne/
modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness.