[H-GEN] Anyone have the SuSE 8.2 CDs for me?

David Jericho davidj at pisoftware.com
Fri Oct 3 02:05:03 EDT 2003

Arjen Lentz wrote:

> Why you picked internode.net.au, did you look at any others offering
> services in the Bris area (Dodo are doing some serious pushing on TV and
> their pricing looks decent - but flying dodos... I'm sceptical ;-)

I will bite on this even though it wasn't directed at me, and that it's
a little off list charter[1].

I am presently on the 512/128 flatrate plan ($99.95/month) and love it.
Their support is good, their accounts people are great, the network is
fast and reliable. On the flatrate plan, my monthly usage varies between
1 and 15 gigabytes (yes, it varies that much), and it's seamless.

Their flatrate works on a QoS system. The more you download (basically
it's a premium account until you download 8GB in a month), the lower
priority your outgoing packets get. That means during peak periods you
get slower speeds.

Having said that, on one occasion where I got to 22GB in a month (two of
us, downloading everything we could click on), it went from about
50kbytes/s to around 40 kbytes/s. No complaint there. I know people
who've hit 30 or more, and still had fast DSL during peak periods.

[1] How many list readers still do work at ISPs nowdays?

--
David Jericho
Systems Administrator, Plugged In Software