[H-GEN] iptables and port forwarding

Johann johann at spot-the-dog.com
Wed May 21 22:39:42 EDT 2003

Johann wrote:

> Hi All,
>            I am playing around with port forwarding, so I set up 3
> machines (A=external, B=gateway, C=internal, but they aren't actually
> connected to anything apart from themselves). Each machine runs redhat
> 8. so a configuration diagram is thus:
>
> eth0                             eth1
> eth0                   eth1             and an eth0 of 192.168.105.7 so I
> 192.168.105.6         (192.168.105.201)         (10.0.0.201)
> (10.0.0.200)          access the machine directly
> external,
> gateway                                internal                from A
> without going through B
> machine A          <------->         machine B          <-------->
> machine C  gateway set
>                    gateway set to
> 192.168.105.201
>                    10.0.0.201

it seems netscape messed up what I thought would be a simple diagram, so
I will redraw it again

external machine A
eth0 = 192.168.105.6
gateway set to 192.168.105.201

/\

\/

eth1
192.168.105.201
gateway machine B
eth0
10.0.0.201

/\

\/

eth1
10.0.0.200
internal machine C
gateway set to 10.0.0.201
plus eth0
192.168.105.7
so I can log in directly and check things

cheers

Johann

--

Johann Kwiatkowski