[H-GEN] Using a linux box as a terminal

Jay johannes at paradise.net.nz
Tue May 20 20:48:04 EDT 2003

I've got an older PC running linux (sys V style) which I want to use as a
terminal connecting, after boot up, straight to a sco server via ssh/telnet
rather than showing the local login prompt.

Any ideas as to how this could be done? I have had an extensive look around
but do not seem to find much specific information. This can't be that exotic
I am asking for. I tried within /etc/inittab but the os does not seem to like
it. Something like 1:12345:respawn:/bin/sh -s '/usr/bin/ssh scoserver;init 3'

Should not it be possible to redirect a login from within the inittab? Or do I
have to write some hack to achieve that?

Cheers

Johannes