[H-GEN] Running SuSE 8.1- NOT!

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Wed May 21 03:57:50 EDT 2003

 --- Alex Delaforce <alextdel at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> > 8.1 is smack bang in the
> > middle of that reorganisation, thus I suspect that the
> > documentation is not up to date.
>
> Is the 8.2 version any more 'final' than the 8.1 or just another step in
> the right direction and hence out of step with the documentation?

I haven't had it for long enough to tell yet.  So far it looks good though.

> > room.  Bring your computer along and I will be happy to
> > install SuSE 8.2 with Apache, PHP, MySQL, and Samba on to it.
>
> I would very much like to take you up on your offer. Would you have time
> to explain the steps as you go as my prime objective is not to have a
> working installation but to have a working installation and know why?

Not a problem.

> Would I be able to get a copy of the installation CDs so that I can
> install on my laptop etc?

I'll bring my originals, you will have to organise the copying.  Five CD's
and two DVD's, a strange combination until you realise that the second DVD
has all the source, which isn't on any of the CD's.  Guess they recon that
anybody that want's the source code can arrange a DVD drive to read it
with.