[H-GEN] VNC for console apps??

Paul Gearon pag at PISoftware.com
Sun May 18 21:24:25 EDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Anthony Towns wrote:

> I'm lost as to why you don't just use screen. (Didn't someone already
> suggest it?)
>
> "screen -r -x" seems to do what you want...

Yes, it was suggested.  Yes, I agree it's the best way.

However, this did not address the issue of users who have not run screen
already.  Hence the suggestions of looking at /dev/vcs? for those
situations.

Regards,
Paul Gearon

Software Engineer                Telephone:   +61 7 3876 2188
Plugged In Software              Fax:         +61 7 3876 4899
http://www.PIsoftware.com        PGP Key available via finger

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money,
or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.")