[H-GEN] VNC for console apps??

Trent WADDINGTON s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri May 16 01:09:30 EDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Russell Stuart wrote:

> [description snipped]
> I hope is obvious now that I don't what to see just what appears in the
> system logs.  Xconsole won't work, as it only displays what is written
> to /dev/console, not the currently selected virtual console.  I hope
> this also answers Trent's question about wanting to see urgent system
> messages.  Yes, I do.  But it is only a one part of the picture.

Cool, I get it now :)  I think your two options are: get the user
program to run in screen, then you can attach and detach it with a remote
ssh/telnet connection.. or use ttysnoop to look at the tty and get the
user to press whatever keys you want to press (or hack ttysnoop to do that
also, but I don't like your chances).  I'm not aware of anything else, but
hey, someone enlighten me.

Trent