[H-GEN] Ultra 10's for sale

Clinton Roy croy at dstc.edu.au
Fri May 9 21:55:26 EDT 2003

Robert Stanford <rob at rotapile.com> writes:

> Would your employer consider donating one for an open source project? I
> could realy use something a bit beefier than an IPX and an IPC with 16Mb
> of ram to do porting of LTSP on.
Ah dear, here's a story to tell.

Originally, DSTC (specifically Scott Harris, head of the sysadmin
group) offered the machines to Humbug at $500 a pop, and for every
five machines members bought, he'd give Humbug a free
machine. Unfortunately the executive couldn't come up with immediate
uses for the machines, so we renegotiated with DSTC and the machines
came down to $400 each; but no freebie. Perhaps we should have seeked
the membership advice here.

All is not lost though, if Humbug members buy a substantial number of
the machines, Scott *may* be able to find a few freebies.

I'm going to be selling a batch of the machines at the meeting today.

toodles,
--
Clinton Roy
Elvin Software Engineer - elvin.dstc.edu.au