[H-GEN] Re: [H-ANNOUNCE] blipvert at lists.humbug.org.au

Ewan Edwards Edwards_Ewan_B at cat.com
Sun May 11 21:04:51 EDT 2003

On Saturday 10 May 2003 01:27 pm, Robert Brockway wrote:

> To be honest, I'd prefer to see private sales, free stuff & jobs continue
> to go to general, while commercial stuff would go to blipverts (which

I'm with you on that, Robert.

> could be moderated).  I think many people will subscribe to blipvert to

I don't know why, but I had assumed that blipverts would be moderated.  What's
the old line; when you assume you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'.  :-)

> get the free stuff & job postings, and have commercial postings forced on
> them (so to speak).  I am one of these people.  I may be out of the
> country but I still like to see what job postings and free give-aways are
> happening.
>
> What do others think?
>
> My 2.3c (includes Canadian GST & PST)

Aahh, the joys of life in Canada.  Don't ya just hate the way the GST isn't
usually included on the price tag.  You might find Alberta a little nicer
with no GST.