[H-GEN] Fetchmail problems

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Thu May 8 01:20:51 EDT 2003

I have a strange fetchmail problem. I have Mandrake 9.1 and Fetchmail 6.2.1

Now my problem, sometimes I want to check my work mail from home. My
domain host allows IMAP connections to the mail boxes. I figure I can
just check the mail using IMAP from home and still have a copy at my work.

The other day I checked my mail using IMAP but it wasn't collected and
made available at work. I was sure I didn't delete it so I setup Mozilla
to check the account using POP, and there they were.

So what happens is this:

1. Message 1 gets sent, fetchmail collects it and it is on the server at
work.
2. Fetchmail closes down at night.
3. Message 2 gets sent, I check via IMAP at the domain host. I see the
message fine.
4. I go to bed.
5. Message 3 gets sent.
6. Fetchmail starts up in the morning and collects Message 3 only.
7. I check the mailbox with Mozilla using IMAP, I only see Message 2.
8. I get Mozilla to check the mailbox using POP, Message 2 is downloaded.

Why isn't fetchmail able to collect the mail (using POP) that has been
viewed using IMAP but Mozilla can use POP to pull it down?