[H-GEN] Webcam recommendation sought

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 1 22:10:32 EDT 2003

 --- Stuart Longland <stuartl at longlandclan.hopto.org> wrote:
> If resolution isn't important, you could get a standard analogue
> camcorder and use a video-in card to capture it.

Strangly, when I did some webcam experiments, I used the video out from a
Canon Digital IXUS with a video capture card.  This was the original IXUS
with no movie capability.  It worked because the video out was designed as
a view finder, thus you got live video.  You also got strange icons and
things B-).