[H-GEN] Send html page via email in PERL??

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Sat Mar 29 13:17:13 EST 2003

Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 09:57:14AM +1000, Tony Melia (DMS) wrote:
> > I need to send a web page to an email address via PERL (Redhat 8).
> Try MIME::Lite

Actually it looks like he should try using MIME::Lite::HTML, which I
just found by tooling around on CPAN.

NAME
    MIME::Lite::HTML - Provide routine to transform a HTML page in a
    MIME-Lite mail

SYNOPSIS
      use MIME::Lite::HTML;

      my $mailHTML = new MIME::Lite::HTML
         From     => 'MIME-Lite at alianwebserver.com',
         To       => 'alian at saturne',
         Subject => 'Mail in HTML with images';

      $MIMEmail = $mailHTML->parse('http://www.alianwebserver.com');
      $MIMEmail->send; # or for win user : $mail->send_by_smtp('smtp.fai.com');

DESCRIPTION
    This module is a Perl mail client interface for sending message
    that support HTML format and build them for you.. This module
    provide routine to transform a HTML page in MIME::Lite mail. So
    you need this module to use MIME-Lite-HTML possibilities

Praise be, doesn't that beat all?

jason, about halfway through the super-nifty LWP::UserAgent subclass
       to do exactly this
--
``I didn't program you for sarcasm.''