[H-GEN] (Off topic) Need new phone.

Marco Grigull kni501ss at optushome.com.au
Wed Mar 26 00:34:22 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 11:20:04 +1100 (EST)
David Seikel <won_fang at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> My mobile phone was stolen last night.  Optus will send me a new SIM card
> some time next week, but I will need a new handset to plug it into.  If
> anybody has upgraded their phone recently, and still has the old handset, I
> would be very interested in buying it.  It needs to be Optus compatible
> (some mobiles are locked to a particular carrier), not SIM security locked,
> and under $100 (the cheapest price I found this morning during a quick look
> around Queen Street Mall).  Under $200 if it has lots of cool features and
> runs Java programs B-).

Ralph over at ecogeek (division of reverse garbage in Westend) has a pile of old
ga628's and other simalar models. I belive they have casings and chargers.  IIRC
he was asking $20 a peice.  Ralph at ecogeek: 3844 1158

Cheers,
Marco

PS. I used one on Voda and optus networks.  You wouldnt want to do sms on these
though.