[H-GEN] Recommendations for a cheap internal modem which works with Linux and Windows

Robert Stanford rob at rotapile.com
Wed Mar 19 05:53:55 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 16:02, Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

> Is there any reason to necessarily use an internal modem?  I prefer to
> have an external one, since serial ports don't get a lot of use on
> modern desktops, and the blinky lights are occasionally useful.  The
> last time I bought a modem I was able to pick a pretty good one up at
> Dick Smith's, or something like that.
>
> jason, regretting he ever gave the darn thing away, now

The only reason I ever use internal modem is when neatness is important.
Its also nice to know that no one is going to fiddle with the on/off
switch and cant play with cables. But yes I agree, external with blinken
lights is much more useful for a person computer.
--
Robert Stanford <rob at rotapile.com>