[H-GEN] Samba query

Harry Phillips harry at 4ward.com.au
Wed Mar 19 01:36:14 EST 2003

Harry Phillips wrote:

> Robert Stanford wrote:
>
>>> Has anybody else used Samba as a PDC and tried to get an XP machine
>>> to join the domain?
>>>

>> After adding the sign or seal registry hack I've always had to remove
>> all the networking components (client for MS network, QOS, file and
>> print sharing) and reinstall them (minus QOS) before I could get XP to
>> join a domain.
>>
> Of course I did a Google search on my problem, a few people
> complaining about the same problem, none have suggested this.
>
> I have another machine to do tomorrow. Instead of the change password
> to none, join domain, chnage password back workaround I will try that
> out and let you know how it goes.

Just in case people didn't already know XP is a piece of cr*p.

Robert, I did what you suggested and guess what it worked perfectly. It
is obviously bad design that XP doesn't take notice of the registry
change until the networking components are re-installed.

BTW Why the minux QOS? The machine that I did today hasn't got the QOS
but the machine that I did yesterday has it and they both seem fine.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips.

--- Failure is not an option,
    it comes bundled with your Microsoft product.