[H-GEN] Idea for journalling filesystems

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sun Jun 29 22:33:42 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Ewan Edwards wrote:

> On Monday 30 June 2003 11:00 am, Paul Gearon wrote:
> > Yes, I know that XFS was one of the earliest (was it THE earliest?)
> > journalling file systems to hit Linux kernel.  (Don't forget that we owe
> > this technology to SCO!  Hmmm, how did SGI get it if IBM misappropriated
> Are you sure about that?  I have never had anything to do with SCO, but I have
> had something to do with SGI systems.  From that experience, I was under the
> (maybe mistaken?) impression that XFS filesystem technology came from SGI.
>
> Can anyone correct or confirm this for me please?

Correct me if I'm wrong Paul, but I took this to be a tongue-in-cheek poke
at SCO's claims that they own all derived work from the wheel and all
subsequent technologies.  Ok, I'm exagerating but only slightly :)

SCO has expanded the scope of their original source code claims several
times since the original press release and threats of suite against IBM.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119