[H-GEN] How safe is SSH on the internet?

David Jericho davidj at pisoftware.com
Sun Jun 29 20:35:11 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 10:01:43AM +1000, Christopher Biggs wrote:
> Heed Mark's suggestion to prohibit SSH v1 (allowing only v2), also
> consider using RSA or DSA authentication instead of passwords, or even
> S-key.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a clear concise reason why DSA is
considered the lesser of the two authentication methods? I've often been
told, and read that RSA is the better method to use for keys, but why?

Google (even though it is considered by some to be God) is remarkably
vague about the whole topic.

> Oh, and make sure all the rlogin legacy stuff is turned off.

r* tools in general are just evil. Avoid at all possible costs.

--
David Jericho