[H-GEN] Pancake Manor outing tomorrow

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sat Jun 28 01:18:35 EDT 2003

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Sarah Hollings wrote:

> Have confirmed with Pancake Manor for 20 people for tomorrow evening at 7pm
> in their "party room".

[snip]

> Games:
>       There was some discussion of games and whether or not they were
>       supplied/allowed by the management.  I might take along a deck or so
>       of Magic cards and see what happens.

If you're in the party room you're free to bring whatever games you want.
We've[1] previously had gaming[2] days/evenings in that room.

[1] for various values of "we" including but not limited to a bunch of
Humbuggers who like gaming[2] and a diplomacy[3] convention.

[2] Real gaming - See
http://www.huzonfirstgames.com/GermanGamingIntro.html for information on
one popular genre of games (my favourite).  If anyone is interested in
trying German Games (or any other modern game genre except computer games)
QUGS (http://www.qugs.org.au) is a great place to get an introduction to
the hobby.  Interestingly there seems to be a sizeable overlap between the
computer/unix crowd and the gaming crowd[4] so if you turn up[5] at QUGS
you may even see a familiar face.

[3] Diplomacy isn't just a game, it's a way of life.
http://www.diplom.org/

[4] Hi to Andre, Brent, Brad, Sarah, and others who are partial to the odd
game.

[5] Humbug trivia: Humbug meetings were originally scheduled to happen on
the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month so that they didn't conflict with
QUGS meetings (1st saturday of the month).

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119