[H-GEN] Strange kernel message.

Joe Skilton shnads at 3blokes.mine.nu
Fri Jun 27 20:32:04 EDT 2003

Recently(last night as far as I can tell) my FreeBSD Gateway at work started
spitting out this:

gateway.*.nu kernel log messages:
> no matching session
> no matching session
> no matching session
> no matching session

With no explaination of what it's trying to match a session too, after
examination of the server itself I find:

no matching session (several times in a row)
session in wrong state (once)

printed repeatedly down the login console, any ideas as to where I would
look to find out what process is causing this error to be reported?, I'v got
a feeling it's PPPoE(Due to Link Downtime mabye?) after searching Google,
but I would like to make sure.

The server is running FreeBSD 5.1, apache 2.4, Sendmail and ftp, with a
PPPoE DSL link.

Thanks,
     Joe