[H-GEN] RFC: SCO

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Tue Jun 17 00:27:07 EDT 2003

All:

I've been approached by a journalist for comment about why Australian
Linux Groups appear silent on SCO's lawsuit against IBM. Specifically:
    Why? Doesn't this concern the Linux community here? Or is everyone
    just not bothered enough to get up and do something?

Rather than simply reply with my oppinion or the execs, I thought I'd
open this up for discussion on the list. I plan to summarise and send
a reply early tomorrow morning.

To start things off: I am not concerned about it as I see it as the last
desperate attempts of an irrelevant company to survive. Furthermore, Ihave confidence in IBM's ability to win this lawsuit.

The second part of his question is, I think, a little odd. But in my
case, I can't see what HUMBUG could do about it. Perhaps we could send
letters of support to IBM or issue a press release like AUUG.
What do other people think?

Cheers,

Raymond
raymond at humbug.org.au