[H-GEN] flat panel monitors with Linux?

David davido at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 12 06:19:27 EDT 2003

All,

I'm kind of half hoping each way here, but my current monitor is making "I'm
going to die soon" noises and flickers, and it's pretty much a given that my
next one will be a flat panel of some description.

Does anyone have any horror or joy stories that they'd like to share, or
thoughts in general? I'm pretty new with Linux so spending hours looking for
drivers or whatever else, configuring stacks of files, etc., is probably not
something I'd take on lightly. I'm using Mandrake 9.0 (probably go 9.1 soon),
hardware is amd athlon xp 2200 and a chaintek 128M TI4200 video card. Being
able to run dual monitors at some point in the future is also a
consideration.

I'd be looking in the sub-AUD$1000 bracket.

thanks for any thoughts.
David

--
``I'm not ashamed.  Its the computer age.  Nerds are in.'' - Willow (BtVS)