[H-GEN] newbie question - "directory" for 127.0.0.1

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Tue Jun 10 08:15:01 EDT 2003

Harry Phillips wrote:

> I have a VERY high suspiction that there is something 'out there' that
> does exactly what I want to do (and probably alot better).

Another one worth mentioning is mantis.  I use this at work and for
another project I'm doing and I find it very nice.  Written in PHP using
a MySQL backend.  It's more for software maintenance than it is a true
trouble ticketing system but that really depends on what you are trying
to do.  My main gripe with it is the way it does the HTML.  It's all
embedded inside PHP functions.  It seems well designed and thought out
but it's pretty hard to really change the look of the thing (apart from
CSS) without a lot of code rewriting, which is why I use a template
engine for all the stuff I write myself.

Cheers
Michael