[H-GEN] newbie question - "directory" for 127.0.0.1

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Sat Jun 7 19:26:52 EDT 2003

Robert Brockway wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Harry Phillips wrote:
>

>>That information is then e-mailed to a Majordomo bot to subscribe them
>>to a list.
>>
>>Later I intend to create a form that has several lists on it. They will
>>enter their name e-mail address and select either subscribe or
>>unsubscribe on each list with radio buttons.
>

> Hi Harry.  This functionality is normally part of mailman and there are
> frontends for majordomo as well - any particular reason intend to do your
> own (not that it's bad of course, just wondering :)

I have a VERY high suspiction that there is something 'out there' that
does exactly what I want to do (and probably alot better).

The reasons behind the whole exercise are
1. I don't know PHP and am using this simple task to learn about it.
2. I had an itch and wanted to scratch it myself.
3. I am going to design a job request/tracking database using MySQL
later and I want to use PHP to interface to it.

All the call/job tracking systems I have tried so far don't suit my needs.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips