[H-GEN] Mac OSX emulator

Johann johann at spot-the-dog.com
Fri Jun 6 08:06:32 EDT 2003

Harry Phillips wrote:

> I have tried many times to get MYOB to run under WINE or CrossOver
> Office on a Mandrake 9.1 system.
>
> I have just checked the MYOB web site and they have a version called
> MYOB AccountEdge that runs on Mac OSX.
>
> Since Mac OSX is based on BSD I was wondering if anyone was aware of
> any OSX emulator's or how to get an App written for Mac OSX to run on
> linux?

Mac-On_Linux (MOL) is your answer, and I believe, although you'd better
check this, that OS X now works to at least some degree with it. However
you will need a powerpc cpu as it doesn't work with x86 cpus. Every now
and again I look for mac emulators for the pc and never seem to find one
that is satisfactory. I have been lead to believe that it is much harder
to run powerpc binaries on a pc, that is it to emulate pc binaries on a
powerpc (not too sure why). So in short I think you will find it almost
impossible unless you are using a mac already,

cheers

Johann

--
Johann Kwiatkowski