[H-GEN] RT3 under Debian

Bruce Campbell bc at humbug.org.au
Tue Jun 3 13:27:46 EDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Greg Black wrote:

> On 2003-06-03, kris at lunadawn.net wrote:
>
> > Yes I have it working.
> >
> > I used the package from unstable.
>
> That's what I did, so we're on the same track.
>
> When I re-start apache, I get this:
>
>     $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache-perl restart
>     Reloading apache-perl modulesNo process in pidfile `/var/run/apache-perl.pid' found running; none killed.
>     [Tue Jun  3 20:40:40 2003] [error] Can't locate Digest/Perl/MD5.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/perl5 /usr/local/share/request-tracker3/lib /org/lib/perl /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8.0 /usr/share/perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/site_perl . /etc/apache/ /etc/apache/lib/perl) at /usr/lib/perl5/Digest/MD5.pm line 20.

You might want to actually grab the RT source and try the 'make testdeps'
target.  This will simply check to see that you have installed the
required modules on your system, which you can then rinse and repeat,
adding in a little apt-get (or even CPAN) for variety, until fixed.

A common gotcha that is with RT and Apache, is that 'restart' will not
pick up any changes to your config file or core libraries (due to mod_perl
caching the data).  You will need to use 'stop' then 'start'.

I'll also point out that this is more of a question for the rt-users
mailing list, linked from http://lists.fsck.com/mailman/listinfo/rt-users
.

--==--
Bruce.