[H-GEN] Voice recognition

Anthony Irwin anthonyi at toolboxsoftware.com.au
Mon Jun 2 03:16:36 EDT 2003

David Findlay wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
> ] [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will
> vanish. ]

> I have this bizarre attraction to the idea of wiring up my house with
> microphones, and hooking it up to a computer to enable voice control
> of windows, doors, lights, etc. Anyone know of free software for voice
> recognition? The one project I've found is abandoned. Thanks,

Hi,

I have been wanting to look into speech recognition for sometime and when I
last looked almost everything wanted ibm via voice.

I have however found some university that does voice recognition work and
they have a number of free software projects, I am not sure what they all
are and what they do but I will give you the link to the site I found.

If you find more out please keep the list posted as I am sure other people
may be interested too.

http://fife.speech.cs.cmu.edu/

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin