[H-GEN] PDA choices

David Jericho davidj at pisoftware.com
Mon Jul 28 20:55:52 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:38:31PM +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
> You don't say what you want to do with it.  It you are familiar with MS
> and want to write MS type apps, or have a liking some WinCE program then
> get a pocket PC.

My bad, I should have mentioned this.

Mainly, I want to use it for small information gathering, and data
transport, along with the occasional mp3 playing. I also want to be
able to write small apps for it. I need to be able to copy to the unit
from a network, and store potentially large amounts of data.[1]

Paul kindly brought in his Zaurus for me to have a poke at, and I have
to say I'm impressed.

The only downside I think I can see with it, is the lack of expansion
ability. I want to have network and a gigabyte of microdrive on it at
the same time. Has anyone seen or done anything like this, on any PDA?

[1] Because burning a CD for everything I may want to transfer, no
    matter how big or small is just a waste of perfectly good material.

--
David Jericho
Systems Administrator, Plugged In Software