[H-GEN] PHP & MYSQL On Linux

Ewan Edwards Edwards_Ewan_B at cat.com
Mon Jul 28 20:47:09 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 08:16 am, David Duffy wrote:

<snip>

> Is it possible to make the tables read-only for apache
> but full access for admin purposes? (updating, etc)

Try creating a user account in MySQL that only has read access to the database
and use that account for connecting to the database in your scripts.

For security reasons you'll be wanting to do that sort of thing anyway.  There
is a section in the MySQL manual about security, account management, and the
privilege system.  I would recommend reading that, if you haven't already.