[H-GEN] SpamAssassin problem

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Tue Jul 22 19:58:43 EDT 2003

Robert Brockway wrote:

>>I log everything except mail to tty11 and mail messages to tty12. Since
>
> I like this sort of thing too.

Makes it alot easier to see what is going on. I also get my server to
send it's logs to my workstation.

>>I did that, I keep getting in my log[1] an error message when I receive
>>mail.
>
> So if you comment out the tty11 & tty12 entries in syslog.conf & restart
> syslogd does the problem go away?

Ok, maybe I worded that wrong. What it should have said was "Since I did
that I have *noticed* the problem", doesn't mean it wasn't there before :)

>>"Cannot open bayes_path /home/users/harry/.spamassassin/bayes R/W: File
>>Exists"
>
> Something to do with the Bayensian filter built in to SA I gather.
> Does the file exist?  If so, does it exist all the time or only during
> mail arrival or other times?

No that file does not exist, but others in that dir do:

bayes_msgcount
bayes_seen
bayes_toks
user_prefs

Don't know if it gets created during mail arrival, don't know enough
about SA.

>>Does anyone know what this means? Should I be concerned about it?
>
> Is your mail delivering ok, and is SA still blocking mail for you?

Yes SA is working as it should. That's why I asked if it was anything to
be concerned about or not.

>>I am getting mail with a score of like -5.3 (yes that's a negative). Is
>>the error the cause of the negative score?
>
> SA can produce mail with a negative score, this is normal and comes about
> as a result of some of its qualitative tests.

Ok then.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips