[H-GEN] Info request: "Surviving Lotus Notes for Unix Geeks"

Nick Kwiatkowski nickolas at au1.ibm.com
Tue Jul 22 19:06:56 EDT 2003

Chris,

what version of notes are you being forced to use? Do you know what mail
template is being used?

Ciao,

Nik

Nickolas Kwiatkowski
IT Architect
AMS Solutions Enablement (ASE)
Application Management Services
IBM Global Services Australia
phone:  07 3887 6304,  mobile:  0412 121 276,  email:  nickolas at au1.ibm.com
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein

                      Christopher Biggs
                      <listjunkie at pobox.com>        To:       general at lists.humbug.org.au
                      Sent by: Majordomo            cc:
                      <majordom at caliburn.hum        Subject:  [H-GEN] Info request:  "Surviving Lotus Notes for Unix Geeks"
                      bug.org.au>

                      22/07/2003 08:37 PM
                      Please respond to
                      general

Assuming a hardcore unix geek was dumped into a parallel universe
where the SOE was Win2k + Lotus Scrotes, what tips would you offer
on making the most of the environment.

Here's what I know about

       1. WinAxe
          (or insert your favourite X-Server for Win32)

       2. Cygwin
          (the combination of those two almost lets
          me believe I'm back in Kansas.
          I've even managed to cut VC++ out of the loop
          and can compile from inside Emacs.)

       3. Mozilla.

Here's what's still bugging me:

       1.  You're telling me there's no way to do "reply with quote"
           in Notes?  No way to view raw headers or un-prettified message?

           Is this an e-mail client or some kind of sensory deprivation
tank?

           Anybody got any "making notes suck less" URLs?

       2.  I want my virtual screens! I've never seen a virtual screen
           program for windows that wasn't frustratingly buggy or clumsy.
           Any contrary opinions?

--cjb