[H-GEN] Info request: "Surviving Lotus Notes for Unix Geeks"

W. Sierke ws at senet.com.au
Tue Jul 22 08:33:38 EDT 2003

"Greg Black" wrote:
> Not exactly in the form of a URL, but the best approach I've
> heard of consists of 100 steps[1], in this order:
>
>   1. Consume enough of your favourite mood-altering substance to
>      feel no pain about step 2.
>
>   2. Quit the job that is associated with Lotus Notes and just
>      do something else with your life.
>
>   3. Spend the rest of your life being happy that you managed
>      step 2 because you know that Notes just sucks.
>
>   4. There is no step 4.
>
> Cheers, Greg
>
> [1] There are 10 kinds of people -- those who understand binary
>     and those who don't ...

And of course those who do (understand binary) also know that the symbols
"2", "3" and "4" aren't valid! Or maybe the footnote was a red herring, and
it's really 100 (in quinternary) and twenty-one of the steps are missing?

It's a pity you hadn't listed 1111111111111 steps, then you could have added
the interesting footnote that that repunit (thirteen consecutive ones) is a
prime in both binary and quinternary notation. That's just one of many facts
that makes numbers much more interesting than using Lotus Notes.

Wayne