[H-GEN] Creating linux Image

sales at bensit.com sales at bensit.com
Mon Jul 21 21:25:45 EDT 2003

Quoting "Tony Melia (DMS)" <Tony.Melia at downsmicro.com.au>:
> Am I right in assuming that if I take a ghost (or other image) of a redhat 8
> box running on an IDE drive, and dump onto a similar system running IDE, but
> a different NIC e.t.c, that running Kudzu will fix this and I will have a
> useable system afterwards?

Yes, it should be fine.. I just pulled a Redhat 9 drive from my dual P3-866 and
plonked it into a P3-450, booted and used it.. (It had the same NIC + Video)

Never changed a thing :) (Hell, its still running the SMP kernel :P)

Just make sure the machine will not load X on startup or you will run into some
fun with the change of video card :)

Have Fun,
Ben