[H-GEN] General questions

Anthony Irwin anthonyi at toolboxsoftware.com.au
Thu Jul 10 20:25:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am running a Debian system and for some reason the wdm graphical login
screen won't login any more. So what I have had to do is login to the shell
then type sudo killall -g wdm.

I then made a .xsession file with the contents 'exec blackbox' and then type
startx and the I am running again.

Also for some reason even though I am logging in as my user evolution
doesn't have any of my emails and xmms doesn't have my remembered play list.
Does any one know whats happenning there?

I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix wdm.

I think these weird things are happenning because my computer powered off
without being shutdown, I think there might be corrupted files, would you
agree with this assessment?

Kind regards,
Anthony Irwin