[H-GEN] Debian X files

Anthony Irwin anthonyi at toolboxsoftware.com.au
Thu Jul 10 00:35:10 EDT 2003

Hi,

I want to load Debian 3 woody onto a new hard drive with the bare bones
install. Blackbox window manager and a ton of fonts etc. I would also like
to install the base packages that are useful like less and sudo etc.

I can't remember what most of the apt-get install foo foo2  etc for X and
don't want to install a ton of crap as I would like to try keep my system
fairly current on unstable using a dial up connection.

does anyone know a site that lists required and optional debian packages for
x etc. or could someone tell me how to go about finding out. normally I do
apt-cache search foo foo2 etc and load anything and everything untill the
system seems to work but I would like to do a more streamlined install.

Any suggestions would be great

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin