[H-GEN] Apache segfaulting... FIXED !!

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Thu Jul 10 09:58:29 EDT 2003

Greg Black wrote:

> To comply with the requirements of the footnote, my answer would
> be that it works because it's the right magic.  A better overall
> solution would be to avoid threads altogether which would then
> avoid the problem -- as I suggested in an earlier message.

Hmmm, that doesn't really satisfy my curiosity, it's only going to nag
at me now until I find some other bone to chew on.  WRT removing the
threading, I don't think Oracle would take my request seriously enough.
  The problem is that the oracle binary only library is linked against
libpthread so removing it really wasn't an option, I needed to work
around it.

Cheers,

Michael