[H-GEN] Apache segfaulting... how to debug

David Jericho davidj at pisoftware.com
Wed Jul 9 19:25:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:04:32AM +1000, Michael Anthon wrote:
> >[Thu Jul 10 00:12:53 2003] [notice] child pid 22379 exit signal
> >Segmentation fault (11)

What glibc are you using?

> I have just upgraded apache and mod_ssl (using debian testing) and I use
> a custom compiled php4 package (I needed to add OCI8 support)

I had the same problem on Red Hat 6.2.

The short and skinny of what I remember is that during the linking
process while building PHP, it didn't link against pthreads, or linked
against the wrong one.

http://www.phpbuilder.com/mail/php-db/2000081/0117.php may shed some
light, as it all seems quite familiar.
http://www.phpbuilder.com/mail/php-db/2000081/0130.php looks worth a
look too.

> Whatever I do I don't seem to be able to get a core dump generated.  Can
> anyone point out what I might be doing wrong please?  Alternatively
> another approach to the problem might also be helpful.

strace -f httpd

will at least point you in the right direction.

--
David Jericho
Systems Administrator, Plugged In Software